Does your nonprofit use Google Analytics to its fullest potential?
Google Analytics is a household name, but many nonprofits don’t really know what to do with it. This means critical data goes unnoticed, leading to inaccurate (or bad!) decisions.
In this recorded webinar, web consultant and Google Analytics pro Alison Knott shares the most important parts of Google Analytics every nonprofit needs to know about.
8 Key Things You’ll Learn in this Video:
- Getting to know the basics of Google Analytics
- The best places to start with Google Analytics and where to find key data (such as Audience, Acquisition, and Referrals)
- How to set goals and track their success
- Key measurements and how to track them (including pageviews, sessions, conversions, and bounces)
- Tracking your most popular pages, their referral paths, and what actions (if any) Users take after viewing them
- How to export reports and set a recurring schedule for automatic reports
- How to use Secondary Dimensions to dive deeper
- Setting goals and tracking their success
You’ll also learn:
- How to filter out yourself and known spam bots from your traffic reports
- How to link your Google Search Console
- How to track popular terms Users search for on your site
- How to find your site’s most popular landing pages
- How to filter results for location-based data
Watch the webinar on the 25% of Google Analytics nonprofits need to know:
Additional resources and notes from the presenter:
Google Analytics Cheat Sheet: https://alisonkconsulting.com/25-ga-nonprofit/
Download Slides from “The 25% of Google Analytics Nonprofits Need to Know”: https://alisonkconsulting.com/25-ga-nonprofit/
About the Presenter: Alison Knott
Alison K (Alison Knott) is an international tech speaker who’s passionate about the intersection of web, creativity and business. A proud woman in tech, Alison produced Atlantic Canada’s first WordPress conference and Meetup, mentors emerging female designers and entertains business owners with nerdy facts. Her main mandate: to raise web literacy for small business and entrepreneurs.
Her presentations are an unusual blend of high-octane enthusiasm and actionable lessons. Boring tech jargon has no place in her talks!
Alison aims to engage audiences at the highest level. Action plans, workshop sessions and giving out candy are just a few examples. Whatever it takes to have people leave inspired, she’s onboard.
In addition to public speaking, Alison has held teaching positions at NSCAD University and NSCC IT Campus, mentoring hundreds of students about design and the web.
Join the TechSoup Connect British Columbia Community!
TechSoup Connect British Columbia hosts online and in-person tech-for-good events that bring nonprofits together. We help you build communities, share resources, and discover new opportunities for social impact.
We welcome nonprofits, consultants, technologists, funders, and everyone else passionate about using technology for good.
A HUGE thanks to our amazing community partners and sponsors. Give them love! Spend 💵with them!