Part Time Social Media Specialist
Black Boys Code Society – Vancouver, BC
About the position:
- Candidates located in Vancouver are preferred.
- It is a part-time position (5 hours per week).
- you must be a self-motivated individual,
At Black Boys Code one of our goals is to bridge the gap in diversity by teaching coding skills to boys of colour at a young age, capturing their interest and equipping them with the skills needed to consider a career in the STEM fields.
We are looking for assistance to manage our non profits’ social media channels. You will spearhead our social media strategy, identify engagement and growth opportunities and servicing the needs of our growing community across North America.
This position is well suited for someone who has experience engaging users via social media channels.
This is an hourly paid remote position.
- interacting with users to encourage reviews, testimonials, and followers on social media channels
- support, engage and grow all existing digital communities (email Subscribers, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, )
- Develop and implement tactics to establish a strong brand presence on social media channels to manage visitors to our site and engage existing users.
- Experience in Digital Marketing (Google AdWords, and Analytics and SEO,) would be an asset
Those who are interested and meet these requirements, please contact [email protected]
Do you have drupal development and project management skills? OpenMedia.ca, one of Canada’s fastest growing and innovating campaigning organizations needs you!
We’re currently seeking a Web Manager to help us be more innovative and leading edge with our technology. We have one of the biggest lists of supporters in Canada, and have begun expanding internationally through our new online hub at OpenMediaNow.net and our campaign to preserve Internet freedom globally at StopTheTrap.net. At this crucial point in our development, we’re seeking the right person to help us engage supporters with sophisticated online tools and an enthusiastic and inspired approach to online campaigns.
The Web Manager will work with our Communications Manager, our Executive Director, and volunteer developers to develop and deploy online tools, maintain and improve OpenMedia’s online presence, and liaise with hosts to implement performance optimizations.
The Web Manager is primarily responsible for Drupal development projects, and helping to maximize the effectiveness of our digital environments in order to engage our supporters in safeguarding the open and affordable Internet.
- Looking holistically at OpenMedia’s online presence and developing strategies to maximize its effectiveness.
- Managing and executing web development projects.
- Being our liaison to the developer world and activate our community of talented volunteers.
- Website testing, bug fixing & optimization.
- Providing effort estimates; communicating the progress of projects.
- Experience with Drupal, including a solid understanding of the framework, design and implementation of modules and general site maintenance, coding best-practices, resources and the Drupal community.
- Some experience developing software in PHP.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment as part of a team or alone; ability to respond rapidly to technical issues, where applicable.
- Aptitude for online campaigning and understanding of the requirements of a networked not-for-profit.
- Must have own laptop and software licenses.
- Passion for the open Internet and Internet freedom issues.
- Experience custom coding in Drupal or other CMSes.
- Experience with web development collaboration and volunteer management.
- Experience with MySQL database development.
- Fluent in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience with cross-site integration using JSON/JSONP & XML.
- Understanding of the LAMP technology stack.
- General understanding of best practices for web-based architecture and design.
Part-time or full-time (minimum 25 hours/week), $3000-4000/month, based on experience. One-year contract with three-month probationary period. Possibility of promotion and bonus based on performance.
Please send your resume and any portfolio links you’d like to include to [email protected] by October 19th. Do not include an attached cover letter, simply include a few lines about your passion for this work in the body of the email.