We are now accepting submissions for speakers at The Digital Nonprofit conference, a conference for Vancouver’s nonprofit leaders.
Who You Are
Our conference is targeted at nonprofit leaders, and our presenters will come from the same background. Specifically, we are looking for nonprofit employees, board members, or volunteers to present.
We encourage all to submit, especially those from under-represented groups. We want to showcase the full diversity of Vancouver.
Who Attends the Conference?
- Nonprofit leaders who are responsible for their organization’s strategy. 62% are decision makers: EDs/CEOs/Directors/Managers
- Digital staff and fundraisers who execute online campaigns
- Program and support staff who want to engage their clients and members using technology
What We Want in a Session
The conference goal is to build the digital strategy expertise of nonprofit leaders. Sessions should focus on practical case studies sharing the stories of how nonprofits (especially your own organization!) implemented a technology-based solution and the impact it made on their operations and campaigns.
Topics could include (but aren’t limited to)
- CRM (Constituent and fundraising databases)
- Automation and workflows
- Website development
- Campaign innovations
- Integrated fundraising
- Volunteer management
- Human Resources
- Digital marketing and social media
- Change management and technology adoption
- “Why IT projects fail, and what you can do about it”
Avoid these approaches
- Product-specific sessions
- Overly-technical sessions – most people will not come from an IT background.
- The conference is Tuesday, June 11. 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- The sessions are 25 minutes in length. We are recruiting for five sessions.
- The conference is single track. All 225 attendees will be in the same room
- A variety of formats are encouraged and audience interactivity is strongly recommended.
- Submitting with a co-presenter is welcomed
- The room is set up with a front stage, podium, projector screen, and PA.
- No honorarium is offered to presenters, but we may be able to help cover travel costs.
How Will Conference Sessions be Determined?
Submissions are open until March 31, 2019.
The Digital Nonprofit team will review all proposals by April 5 and will get back to you with an update by April 15, 2019.
Questions? Email [email protected]