My kids will never write a cheque, and in a few short years neither will the majority of your donor base. While it used to be acceptable to collect money ‘any way possible’ online, the data is telling us that donors want a donation experience that is easy to follow, on brand and connects the donor with the cause. How we accomplish these things without compromising security, CRA compliance and more is not always straightforward. This session will cover the basics of:
- Compliance and Law with respect to donation processing and the CRA
- The 101’s of payment processing terms, security and must knows
- How you can get the most out of your online donation experience
This session is for:
- New fundraisers who want to learn the ropes of accepting money online
- Experienced fundraisers who are looking for ways to make their program more successful
- Web and online staff responsible for making all the online donation stuff work ?
When: Tuesday, January 7, 2013, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Where: HiVE Vancouver, #210 – 128 W Hastings St.
- 5:30 – 6:00 PM: Networking and snacks
- 6:00 – 7:00 PM: Presentation
- 7:00 – 7:30 PM: Q&A and Wrap
Jeff has worked in one form or another of credit card based donation processing for Charity for around eight years on the charity side, for profit side and back again now on the charity side. Currently he works for Chimp Foundation an online tool that allows you to manage and amplify your charitable giving. His role there is to create a space where law, charity, money and trust come together in a way that inspires and motivates people to give.
- Event hashtag:
- Host: @Net2van
- Presenter: @jgolby
- Venue sponsor: @HiVEvancouver
Mobility Access: This venue does not have ramps and elevators and is not wheelchair accessible.
Hearing Access: Speakers at this event will use microphones.
Sight Access: Contact the organizers if you need an advance copy of the presentation.
We want everyone to be able to participate in the Net2Van community and events. Please don’t hesitate to let us know what we can do to accommodate your needs.