The Digital Nonprofit is Vancouver’s premier conference for nonprofit leaders engaged in digital transformation. The event is specifically designed to help nonprofits and charities learn about the models and tools needed to succeed.
- WHEN: Tuesday, June 11, 2019
- WHERE: Roundhouse Community Centre
- TIX: https://eventchain.io/event-details/156
The Happy Healthy Nonprofit: Linking Self-Care and Wellbeing to Organizational Impact
This keynote is about how and why it is important to treat self-care and a culture of well-being as an organizational strategy and cultural norm. When self-care initiatives are treated as “extras” instead of being built right into the fabric of an organization’s culture or leadership does not model the behavior, they often fall flat.
Beth will share the latest thinking on self-care and well-being in the nonprofit workplace based on the presenter’s book “The Happy Healthy Nonprofit: Strategies for Impact without Burnout.” Going beyond a narrow focus on physical health and wellness, she will share examples and insights from nonprofits that have created and implemented a culture of well-being in the workplaces that supports results.
- Learn about the big return on investment that happens when your organization prioritizes well-being in the workplace
- Understand the influence and role that leadership, employee engagement, and organizational culture play in implementing initiatives to encourage employee wellbeing
- Learn about simple and examples to activate a culture of wellbeing in your organization’s workplace that truly has impact
Master Trainer, Speaker, Author, and Blogger
Beth is internationally recognized thought leader in networks, social media, philanthropy, wellbeing in the workplace and training. Beth has over 35 years working in the nonprofit sector in capacity building and has facilitated trainings for thousands of social change activists and nonprofits on every continent in the world. She is an in-demand keynote speaker and workshop leader.
Named one of the most influential women in technology by Fast Company and one of the BusinessWeek’s “Voices of Innovation for Social Media,” Beth was Visiting Scholar at the David and Lucile Packard Foundation 2009-2013. She author of the award winning Networked Nonprofit Books and The Happy Healthy Nonprofit: Strategies for Impact without Burnout (http://bit.ly/happyhealthynpbook) published by J.Wiley. She writes “Beth’s Blog,” one of the first nonprofit blogs. Her clients include foundations, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
We are grateful to our community partners for their support. Give them your love and spend money with them!
- Affinity Bridge
- BC Technology for Learning
- Conconi Family Foundation
- Enkel Backoffice Solutions Inc.
- Erika Rathje
- Frontier + Charity Electric
- Harvey McKinnon Associates
- PMV – Project Management Volunteers
- Traction Guest
- Vancouver Community Network