IABC/BC, the B.C. Chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators, is looking for local non-profits who would like some help with a spring project.
Gift of Communications is an IABC/BC program where volunteers put their business communication expertise to work to support local non-profit organizations. This win-win opportunity allows the members of the trade organization to make a difference in the local community, while showcasing the communications profession and its flagship association.
The program launched last year, and 20 IABC/BC volunteers provided communications support to the Ronald McDonald House BC & Yukon and to the Special Olympics of British Columbia. In both cases, professional business communicators worked closely with the non-profits to successfully achieve their projects’ communication goals.
The program is set to launch again this year, and IABC/BC is looking for non-profits who need a hand. Non-profits in Metro Vancouver are encouraged to apply before January 31, 2013.
To be eligible, your non-profit needs to meet the following requirements:
- Your organization is a registered charity or non-profit association.
- Your organization is physically based in Metro Vancouver, either with headquarters here or with an active chapter of a larger organization. To ensure success, it’s important that our volunteer team is able to meet with your organization from time to time.
- Your project will be active between March 2013 – June 2013 and have a start and end date.
- Your project has clear goals that align with at least one of your organization’s strategic goals.
- You have identified staff or volunteers within your organization who can take an active role on the project, working alongside our team of volunteers and attending periodic meetings during the three month time frame.
The chosen charity will be announced in February. IABC/BC may select up to two charities depending on the scope of the project and the size of their volunteer teams.
Interested? The IABC/BC website has more information, so be sure to check it out!