- NetSquared Vancouver and Net Tuesday: Tech for Social Good
- Thursday, November 21, 2013, 5:30 PM
- Hive Vancouver
So you’ve got a video project and you need some help getting started ? Navigating the maze of AV jargon can be a little daunting when all you want to produce is a good video for your audience.
Do not despair! This session of Video for Non-Profits is designed for you!
The Mechanics of Shooting will cover the following topics:
Before the Shoot
- What is your story?
- What style of shooting?
- What is the purpose/destination of the video?
- What setup will be needed?
- Write a script or screenplay
Preparing for the shoot
- Know your Equipment(Audio & Video)
- Explore some Locations (Inside and Outside)
- Testing the Lighting and Audio
- Things to Watch For
- Prepare for the Unexpected
- Build in Redundancy
When to Bring in the Professionals
- Renting equipment
- Advice on your project
- Hire a producer/videographer
- 5:30 – 6:00 PM: schmoozing and snacks
- 6:00 – 7:00 PM: Enhancing your Story with Digital Tools
- 7:00 – 7:30 PM: Q&A and Wrap
Presentation by Eoghan Moriarty.
Eoghan is a freelance videographer, digital storyteller and photographer, who lives and works in the beautiful Vancouver area.
In addition to taking on traditional film making projects and specializing in landscape and architectural photography, Mindagape provides design services, digital storytelling and custom content creation. The company also acts as a media consultant and a cheerful collaborator for socially conscious clients (non-profits, environmental groups, etc).
If you have a cool idea for a project that needs relevant digital storytelling or would like to collaborate or something, please contact him.
- Event hashtag:
- Group: @Net2van
- Presenter: @Mindagape
- Venue sponsor: @HiVEVancouver
- Social media sponsor: @HootSuite
Mobility Access: This venue does not have ramps or elevators.
Hearing Access: Speakers at this event will use microphones.
Sight Access: Contact the organizers if you need an advance copy of the presentation.
We want everyone to be able to participate in the NetSquared Vancouver community and events. Please don’t hesitate to let us know what we can do to accommodate your needs.
Produced by Stevie Vu.