**Note – this event has changed to Saturday only**
By 2030 1 billion people will be displaced because of climate change and the solution to that is a business. Come build the business that will change the world in the United Nations Global Sustainable Development Goals Jam.
Seattle is hosting this worldwide event on November 2nd and 3rd. This is among the most important social impact events of the year. The event is comparable to a Startup weekend, where designers, programmers, students and social activists all come together to design the future together, receive feedback and support from impact Investors, and be a part of global network of changemakers through the United Nations. Video of 2018: https://youtu.be/zUJ_0lxvWZI
Come, channel your full creativity towards creating solutions to the challenges that your communities faces, Become THE CHANGEMAKER, initiate and make the change a reality, become part of a global community of changemakers. Get the prototypes of your ideas on the spot and have the chance to start your startup.
The main goal of the Jam is to create interventions aimed to solve real world and Seattle problems with local solutions, in teams. The process has 4 phases: create a common understanding of Seattle’s biggest challenges, come up with solutions, prototype their ideas, pitch & test the outcomes.
WHAT WILL PARTICIPANTS DO?
* with the challenges provided and selected, go through a process of – shaping the challenge, creating a real solution, prototype the solution, test the solution in real world.
* learn from field experts
* learn to use UN designed tools
* create a social impact
* create solutions for local problems
* prototype ideas
* work in multidisciplinary teams
* do networking with people have always wanted to meet
* have a lot of fun
* become part of a global network of changemakers
* receive a certificate of participation in designing 2030 of Seattle with United Nations Global Goals jam.
You do not have to have a specific skill or experience.
Design YOUR CITY’s FUTURE NOW.
This Year the 5 main Goals are:
1. No Poverty
2. Good Health and Well Being
3. Gender Equality
4. Affordable and Clean Energy.
5. Sustainable Cities and Communities